Whole Body Cryotherapy (WBC) is one of the most popular “cold therapy” that is very popular especially to celebrity athletes. Some of the most well-known names who use cryotherapy are LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, Usain Bolt, just to name a few. This is the reason why many sports trainers are now including cryotherapy to their treatment and injury prevention programs.
Feeling body pain is something that is common to individuals who have a very active lifestyle. However, little did we know that whole body cryotherapy is more than just for pain management. Here are some of the important benefits that we can get from WBC.
Sports and Fitness
The reason why the Whole Body Cryotherapy is popular is that of the athletes. Before the race or their big game, their performance will depend on how their body trained, recovered, and performed. The WBC can provide your body with an effective treatment that can maintain the athlete’s competitive strokes. This is why more and more athletic training departments are using WBC with their athletes, like the cryosaunas.
- Reduce any muscle soreness, pain as well as inflammation,
- Increases the energy levels which results in the peak athletic performance.
- Immediate post-therapy sports activity is possible.
- Can train harder in higher volumes.
- Can improve muscle and joint strengths.
- Decreased recovery time.
- Improves the immune system.
Health and Wellness
Almost all of the US population is now aware of the benefits that one can get from Whole Body Cryotherapy. This is because the wellness centers, chiropractors, even the physical therapists, and acupuncturists are introducing WBC to their patients. This is the best noninvasive treatment alternative to pain medications. According to clinical studies, immediate benefits on the soft tissues, the internal organs as well as the nervous systems are noted.
- Reduces muscle pains and inflammation.
- Improves depression and mood disorder symptoms.
- Can improve the immune system.
- Prevent any central nervous system diseases.
- Can reduce the inflammation of tendons, as well as joint capsules.
Beauty and Spa
Cryotherapy is used as a beauty and Spa treatment originally in Europe. Now, the skincare, as well as health and medical spas in the United States, are now adopting this practice. WBC can provide each customer with a holistic treatment. This can stimulate the collagen production which can result in the reduction of wrinkles caused by aging. Aside from that, Whole Body Cryotherapy is also perfect for improving the metabolism which can help in weight loss.
- Reduce cellulite.
- Promotes tighter and healthier skin,
- Hair and nails become stronger and healthier.
- Reduces skin blemishes.
- Increases metabolism which promotes weight loss.
- Faster surgical recovery and reduces scar formation.
If you have not tried the whole body cryotherapy yet, visit http://www.advancedcryonyc.com/health-and-wellness-wbc-treatments and see for yourself the benefits that you can get from this holistic treatment. Remember that this is not for pain management alone. It can also promote an improvement in your overall health, and can even help you look and feel younger.